Students work hard in college, so it helps to live healthy, reduce stress, blow off steam and improve fitness. UNT provides services to help students get well and stay healthy.
Student Health and Wellness Center
- Student Health and Wellness Center hours and location
- Make an appointment to see a doctor
- Cost and payment information
- Community health alert information
- Educational resources
- Wellness services and programs -Services include testing, prevention and support groups.
- Health and medical services
- Counseling and Testing Center services (includes individual counseling, career counseling or help choosing a major, couples counseling and group counseling. )
Health resources for the public
- Speech and Hearing Center - Services include diagnostic and treatment services in speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Psychology Clinic - Services include individual and group therapy; marriage and family therapy; play therapy; behavior health services; intelligence, vocational and personality evaluations.
- Neurotherapy Lab -Services include biofeedback, neurotherapy, and quantitative electroencephalograph services.
- Child and Family Resource Clinic - Services include assessment, counseling, and parent education classes.
- Center for Play Therapy - Play therapy utilizes play, children's natural medium of expression, to help them express their feelings more easily through toys instead of words. The center provides play therapy services including individual play therapy, group play therapy, and parent training.
- Counseling and Human Development Center - Services include individual adult counseling, individual adolescent counseling, career counseling, couple counseling and play therapy
- The Family Connections Project - Intensive training sessions are designed to enhance the quality of relationships within families who have children with autism.
- Center for Sport Psychology and Performance Excellence - Provides sessions to improve mental toughness for individual athletes, coaches and leaders, and teams and groups
- UNT Recreational Sports home
Recreational Sports facilities
- Pohl Recreation Center (location)
- Waranch Tennis Complex - includes 12 lighted tennis courts and a pro shop (location)
- Recreational Sports Complex - includes four lighted multi-purpose fields
- Intramural Fields - include two lighted multi-purpose fields (location)
- Physical Education Building - includes eight Racquetball/Handball Courts and four Basketball/Volleyball Courts (location)
- PEB Field - a multi-purpose field (location)
- Traditions Fields - includes two lighted multi-purpose fields (location)
- West Tennis Courts - includes six lighted tennis courts (location)
- Faculty/Staff Fitness program
- Intramural sports
- Sports clubs list
Athletic summer camps for kids
University Union recreation
- The Syndicate (billiards, darts, table tennis, game watching)