University Information Technology
Student Computing Services
Copyright and Peer-to-Peer Use in the Dorms and Elsewhere at UNT
- ResNet and the dorms – the University of North Texas has partnered with Apogee in order to provide Residential Network (ResNet) service. Students who get an Apogee account must abide by Apogee’s policies as well as UNT's Computer Use Policy.
You can view Apogee’s end user agreement at www.myresnet.com/pdf/eua.pdf.
- Extensive information about General and UNT-specific policies about this issue are located at www.unt.edu/security.
- The UNT Copyright Resources copyright.unt.edu site provides the UNT community with information about copyright law and resources to help people make good decisions when utilizing copyrighted material.
- An excellent web source for federal copyright law and advice on ‘fair use’ and educational copyright practices can be found at: http://fairuse.stanford.edu/ - The Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Center. Make sure and check out the Charts and Tools area.
- Fair Use The Center for Social Media maintains a page addressing all sorts of questions with regard to Fair Use and Copyright law. You can watch their latest videos here.
- To understand more about copyright infringement see, http://www.chillingeffects.org/piracy/faq.cgi.
Next stop on the tour
Address your questions about this page to:
Dr. Elizabeth Hinkle-Turner
Director - Academic Computing Technical Services
UNT UIT - Academic Computing and User Services
Sage Hall 338C