Serve on a Local HIPPY Advisory Council
Each local HIPPY program has a group of stakeholders and supporters that serve as a HIPPY Advisory Council. The members of the HIPPY Advisory Council support, inform and promote HIPPY in the local community. We are seeking advisors from a variety of backgrounds (education, social services, community based, churches, corporate / business, government) to serve on each of our local HIPPY Advisory Councils (see list of communities and expansion sites).
The responsibilities of the HIPPY Advisory council are to:
• Support and advise the HIPPY coordinator
• Advocate for HIPPY with local, state and national decision-makers including legislators, funders and stakeholders
• Further the program’s public image through public relations, marketing, media and other efforts
• Assess the program’s performance and provide input for improvement
• Look for possible volunteers and donations that can benefit the program
Meetings are held approximately 4 times per year, and last 2 hours, in a public meeting space in the local community.
If you are interested in supporting a local HIPPY program in an advisory capacity, please contact us!
Other volunteer opportunities include:
- Hosting an event to support HIPPY in your community
- Present at a parent meeting or training for home visitors
- Contacting your local decision-makers about the benefits of school readiness