Discover Your Musical Greatness
The University of North Texas College of Music is one of the finest comprehensive music schools in the nation. Top music students from around the world come to pursue their passion for music at the UNT College of Music, cultivating their skills in one of our many outstanding programs.
Whether you want to perform Early Music, compose experimental music, improvise with a Grammy-nominated jazz ensemble, sing in an award-winning opera production, or learn to teach music to the next generation of students, you can find your place at the College of Music.
Led by 100 full-time faculty members, the UNT College of Music offers a creative, challenging and collaborative environment that will light the way to greatness for talented and motivated musicians like you.
UNT College of Music offers:
A student-focused public research university, UNT is designated a best university by Forbes and is the largest, most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. With excellent academics and distinguished faculty, we are the green light to greatness for 36,000 students. We offer 98 bachelor’s, 82 master’s and 36 doctoral degree programs.
- An enduring focus on innovation. We offer the nation’s first degree in Jazz Studies, live streaming of our performances and a Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia that’s one of the most recognized centers of its kind.
- A legacy of success, with a near 100 percent job placement rate in our Music Education program and accomplished alumni all over the world, including many Grammy nominees and winners.
- Outstanding facilities including 300 practice rooms, seven state-of-the-art performance halls and one of the nation’s largest music libraries.
- A thriving community of gifted musicians in one of the largest music schools in the country. Our students also are academically talented; we have the largest percentage of Honors College students at UNT.
- The opportunity to learn through collaboration with other outstanding musicians in 50 student ensembles, including specialized groups such as Mariachi Aguilas and Nova, our new music ensemble.
“I was nervous when I auditioned at UNT, but the College of Music faculty and staff were exceptionally kind and encouraging. I could tell that they wanted me to do my best and were committed to creating an environment where I could succeed.”
Music Performance student