The Denton Noon Kiwanis Club is proud to present the 37th annual traditional and patriotic Fireworks Extravaganza at UNT's Fouts Field on Saturday, July 4, 2009.
In addition to the fireworks, there will be entertainment for the entire family to enjoy with music, games, bounce houses and more. The following is a proposed schedule for the July 4 extravaganza:
- 5:30 p.m. - Gates 1 and 3 will open
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Thad Bonduris and the Fun Addix
- 7:35 - 7:40 p.m. - Sponsor Recogition on Video Board
- 7:45 - 8:l5 p.m. - Janny McClure
- 8:20 p.m. - National Anthem performed by Janny McClure with presentation of Colors by the Boy Scout Troup 140
- 8:25 - 8:35 p.m. - Kiwanis Announcements/Video Board Messages
- 8:40 - 9:30 p.m. - Thad Bonduris and the Fun Addix
- 9:35 p.m. - Fireworks Display with Patriotic Music
- 10 p.m. - Happy Trails
People should be aware of the following:
- Only the west side of Fouts Field will be open. Fireworks will be deployed on the east side of the Stadium.
- No chairs will be allowed on the field or track, only blankets.
- No glass containers will be allowed.
- No cigarettes will be allowed inside the stadium.
- Concessions will be provided.
- Coolers are allowed.
Denton Kiwanis Club is able to offer this event free to the citizens through the generous financial support of sponsors such as: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Wal-Mart, Denton Parks Foundation, DATCU, First State Bank, Pecan Creek Pediatrics, Hammerle Finley Law Firm, Denton Regional Medical Center, James Wood Autoplex, Ben E. Keith, Texas Woman's University, Sawko and Burroughs, North Texas State Fair and Rodeo, Bill Utter Ford, Mean Green Athletics, Denton Record-Chronicle.