UNT is proud to host the Denton Noon Kiwanis Club’s annual patriotic Fireworks Extravaganza at Fouts Field July 3. The event is being held Saturday to coincide with the city of Denton’s Fourth of July celebrations being held earlier that day.
In addition to the fireworks, there will be family-friendly activities starting at 5:30 p.m. The following is the proposed schedule:
- 5:30 p.m. - west-side gates open
- 6:30 p.m. -7:30 pm - City Folk band
- 7:40 p.m. - Kiwanis announcements and video board recognition of sponsors
- 8 p.m. - Presentation of Colors and National Anthem
- 8:20 - 9:35 p.m. - George Dunham and the Bird Dogs band
- 9:40 p.m. - Fireworks
- 10 p.m. - Happy Trails
People should be aware of the following:
- Only the west side of Fouts Field will be open. Fireworks will be deployed on the east side of the Stadium.
- No chairs will be allowed on the field or track, only blankets.
- No glass containers will be allowed.
- No cigarettes will be allowed inside the stadium.
- Concessions will be provided.
- Coolers are allowed.
Denton Kiwanis Club is able to offer this event free to the citizens through the generous financial support of sponsors such as: City of Denton, North Texas State Fair and Rodeo, Budweiser, Mean Green Athletics, James Wood Autopark, Texas health Presbyterian Hospital of Denton, Denton Record Chronicle, First State Bank, Good Samaritan Society, Denton Village, Hammerle-Finley law Firm, Premier Pyrotechnics, Wal-Mart, Cooper’s Copies, Pecan Creek Pediatrics, Smile Magic Dentists and Braces and Wells Fargo. Although the event is free, the Kiwanis Club will be raising money for the Children’s Clinic, which provides affordable health care to Denton children in need.