UNT Insider |
October 2012 issue | UNT Alumni Association appoints 13 new board members
UNT Alumni Association appoints 13 new board members
From a UNT Alumni Association press release
The UNT Alumni Association recently appointed 13 new members to its board of directors. The board of directors is responsible for the governing of the organization and overseeing all aspects such as raising funds. New members are selected through nomination and admitted by vote of the current board of directors.
Anyone can nominate a person to serve on the Alumni Association board of directors. The nominating committee receives each person’s resume and interviews them. If approved by the committee, the person is then voted by the full board.
New board members are:
- Byron Campbell - Campbell is a senior partner with Capitol-Insights, a Dallas-based legislative and business consulting firm. He graduated from UNT in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in political science. He also was a 1999-2002 Mean Green football player and letterman.
- Aldo Davila - Davila is an exercise and training operations panel officer in Washington, DC. He received his bachelor's degree in emergency administration and planning from UNT in 2004.
- Neil Foote - Foote resides in Dallas and is the founder and owner of Foote Communications, a public relations/media strategy firm. He also is a senior lecturer in the Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism.
- Holly Friedman - Friedman lives in Dallas and received her bachelor's degree in social work from UNT in 1998. She has extensive experience serving on and fundraising for nonprofit boards, including the Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Hebrew Free Loan Association.
- David Gorman - Gorman lives in Plano and received a bachelor's degree in business administration from UNT in 1993. He is managing director of DNG Holdings in Plano.
- Emily Klement - Klement lives in Muenster and is the dean of the Bowie and Graham campuses for North Central Texas College. She is actively involved in developing partnerships with UNT for recruiting NCTC transfer students. She earned a bachelor's degree in counseling and associate studies, master's degree in education and Ed.D. from UNT.
- Jay McAnelly - McAnelly serves as the president and CEO of Investment Professionals, and lives in the San Antonio area. He graduated from UNT in 1994 with a bachelor's degree in business administration.
- Andrew Olivo - Olivo is an attorney with Iconoclast who received his bachelor's degree in political science from UNT in 2007. He received his J.D. from St. Mary's University School of Law and his areas of practice include aviation, probate, juvenile, business organization and GLBT/constitutional law.
- Juliet Patterson - Patterson received her bachelor's degree in psychology in 1971 from UNT. Though retired as an administrator, she teaches the Continuing Education/Comprehensive GED course at the northwest campus of Tarrant County College.
- Karen Permetti - Permetti lives in Flower Mound and is the executive director of communications for the Lewisville Independent School District. She received her bachelor's degree in journalism from UNT in 1997.
- Kimberly Reasoner (UNT presidential appointee) - Reasoner is UNT's director of external and government relations. After she received her J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2004, Reasoner worked briefly at the U.S. Small Business Administration before returning to Capitol Hill as the legislative counsel for U.S. Congressman Michael C. Burgess, M.D.
- Telea Stafford - Telea lives in Dallas and is principal of Phoenix Marketing. She also owns Common Grounds Coffee in Farmers Branch. She received her M.B.A. in management from UNT in 2003.
- George Wendt (UNT presidential appointee) - Wendt, assistant vice president for advancement services, oversees UNT's annual giving, donor relations, special events, research and performance along with information systems and processing. He received his bachelor's degree in speech pathology, audiology and psychology in 1973 from Northern Michigan University.
The association accepts nominations annually. If you are interested in participating in nominations, contact the Alumni Association at 940-565-2834, or at email@example.com.
About the UNT Alumni Association
The UNT Alumni Association supports the mission and vision of UNT by enhancing its institutional reputation, community engagement and advancement with UNT constituents. For information on becoming a member of the UNT Alumni Association, call 940-565-2834 or visit UNTAlumni.com.
Read other stories in this issue: