The answer is a. Saturday, Oct. 2, will be the 7th
annual Eagle Fire Chili Cookoff during Family Weekend. Prizes are awarded for
best chili and showmanship, and alumni are invited to compete.
The entry fee is $20, payable to UNT Housing. To participate, send a check, your team's name, the name of a contact person, and his or her address and phone number to:
P.O. Box 311310
Denton, Texas 76203-1310
For questions, contact Carl Mosier at email@example.com.
Eagle Fire Chili Cookoff Official Rules:
1. Chili must be cooked on site — All chili must be cooked from scratch on site the day of the cookoff. No ingredients may be pre-cooked. Ingredients may be pre-cut and/or marinated ahead of time, but not cooked in any way. (Fillers, chili powder, beans, etc., will be permitted.)
2. Supplies — All teams are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking utensils, camp stoves, etc. A table and chairs will be provided for teams that pre-register before Friday, Oct. 1 at noon. No electrical outlets will be provided.
3. Parking — Each team is allowed one car to park free. Once team members have checked in, they will be crossed off the list and any other vehicles with that team will be charged $10. Team members need to enter the Santa Fe Square/Traditions Hall parking lot and unload at the north entrance of the practice field. (There is a gate where the team enters and where we unloaded last year.) After unloading, teams will need to move their vehicles to the west end of the lot next to the University Services Building.
4. Judging — Each team must have a minimum of 2 quarts of chili ready for judging in order to be eligible. Teams may prepare additional chili to give away and share with tailgaters.
5. Judging — Each team will be assigned a contestant's number by the chief scorekeeper and be given a container in which chili will be collected at the time of the official judging. Contestants should verify that their number matches the number attached to the container before judging.
6. Pyrotechnics — No chili contestant may discharge firearms or use any pyrotechnics or explosives at Eagle Fire.
7. Winner — The decision of the judges is final.