SAS Programming Workshop II - Exercise
Creation date: 10/27/1999
Author: Karl Ho
1. Download the files from the download page and put files to the c:\temp directory
2. *Open country2.sas and create two new categorical variables with three categories, low(1), medium(2) and high(3) using the current POPULATE and GNP variables. Hints:
IFGNP GE 20000 THEN DOD2 = '3'; ELSE IF 10000 < GNP < 20000 THEN DOD2='2'; ELSE DOD2='1';
** How do you determine the three categories represent equal share of cases?
3. ** Show the table (using syntax or viewtable) of those countries with high population and low national income.
4. *** Run a regression model using the military expenditure (MILEXP) as the dependent variable and population and GNP (GNP) as independent variables. Is there a potential problem in the model?
* indicates level of difficulty
Last updated: 01/18/06 by Karl Ho.