Friday Service for June 7th
On Friday, June 7, the UNT Shuttle will run a limited schedule in support of scheduled make-up classes. The Centre Place and Mean Green routes will be served by one bus each instead of the usual two, resulting in fewer departures. Please allow thirty minutes for these bus routes. In addition, the Mean Green route will have intermittent service interruptions throughout the day due to high school commencement exercises at the Coliseum.
Welcome to Transportation Services
COMMENCEMENT NOTICE: Due to a commencement ceremony at the Coliseum, the Mean Green will stop running at 3:00 pm on Thursday June 6
In order to support the mission of the University of North Texas, Transportation Services has adopted the following goals:
- Improve the overall pedestrian circulation network and coordinate the network with campus bicycle routes and the transit system
- Provide safe bicycle routes within the campus and coordinate those routes with the City of Denton's bicycle routes and master plan
- Provide user-friendly alternative transportation options to the university community that lead to a reduction in the need for single-occupancy vehicle trips.
- Work to reduce the overall demand for parking through alternative transportation options and transportation demand management strategies for all user groups.
- The UNT Shuttle which serves the campus and off campus student oriented housing
- Ridesharing through a web based rider connection program
- Access to local bus service by presenting a valid UNT ID
- Access to the Denton County Transportation Authority A-Train service with service to Dallas and Lewisville
- E-ride late night on demand service for students serving the main, Eagle point and Discovery Park campuses.
- Free parking for bicycles