Apply for admissions
- Check that you meet admissions requirements and deadlines if you are interested in getting your:
- Send in additional forms and transcripts if necessary
- Submit your official transcripts from each college or university that you have attended.
- Submit your high school transcript showing graduation date and class rank if you have earned under 30 hours of transferable college work.
- Submit your DD 214 and military transcripts for evaluation
- Apply online using the Apply Texas web site.
- Check your admissions status. Look for the UNT acceptance package mailed to you or check UNT's online self-service portal located at my.unt.edu. You will receive a user ID and pin number to use by e-mail as soon as your application and fee are processed.
You may be eligible for additional college credit based on military training. To have your transcripts evaluated, submit them by the admissions deadline for evaluation. Soon after, a departmental academic advisor will review the transcripts to determine if any courses taken during military training might apply toward any of UNT's 97 undergraduate degree programs.
You should have received a DD 214 when you were discharged. The DD 214 is used to waive the wellness requirement in the academic core curriculum. To obtain the DD 214 and other in-service training records, visit The National Archives website.
There is no special admission process for UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. Read admission requirements for the graduate school online.
Listed below are the procedures for obtaining your military transcripts for each section of the armed services.
Request your Community College of the Air Force transcript.
A certificate of training will need to accompany your request. (The DD Form 214 is not acceptable.) Official transcripts will be mailed at no charge to the university.
Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps
You can obtain an Official Joint Services Transcript.
If you have any questions, contact the UNT military evaluator at 940-565-2681. You can also contact the Veterans Center at 940-369-8021.
After you have applied
- Learn about your military educational benefits
- Apply for financial aid
- Check out UNT's housing options
- Learn about the services that UNT offers to help you succeed in and out of the classroom.
- Schedule a campus tour
Once you have been accepted and are planning to attend
- Sign up for undergraduate, transfer or graduate orientation
Special presentations for veterans provide an overview of campus and community services available to you and your dependents. Topics addressed include certification procedure for the Veterans Administration for educational benefits, and the criteria and application process for the Hazlewood Exemption. Academics advisors are on-hand to work with you one-on-one to evaluate course credit for previous military training and to help you schedule your classes and degree course work.