UNT hosts North Central Texas College and a couple dozen local high schools in May every year as these institutions celebrate their graduating students. Below is a schedule of graduations held at UNT, information for graduates and guests and parking and travel information.
Graduation is one of the biggest and most important events in the lives of high school graduates. It is the event they have been working toward for many years, and UNT wants to make the experience as special and pleasant for the graduates and guests as possible.
Ongoing street construction projects in Denton and around UNT may impact guests' travel to, from and on campus. Please plan accordingly and give yourself plenty of time to arrive on campus, park and walk to the Coliseum.
|Friday, May 6||1 p.m.
|North Central Texas College Commencement|
|Thursday, May 19||6 p.m.||Argyle|
|Friday, May 20||10 a.m.||Little Elm|
|Monday, May 23||5 p.m.||Ponder|
|Tuesday, May 24||8 p.m.||Sanger|
|Wednesday, May 25||5 p.m.||Lake Dallas|
|Thursday, May 26||3 p.m.||LaGrone Academy|
|Friday, May 27||9 a.m.||Fred Moore|
|Saturday, May 28||8 a.m.||Ranchview|
|Sunday, May 29||10 a.m.||Hebron|
|2:30 p.m.||Flower Mound|
|7 p.m.||The Colony|
|Monday, May 30||10 a.m.||Lewisville|
|Tuesday, May 31||10 a.m.||Eaton|
|6 p.m.||Byron Nelson|
Parking and travel instructions and tips
- See UNT's commencement parking map and directions page.
- Guests carpooling as much as possible is strongly encouraged.
- Allow for extra time to park and walk some distance from your car to your ceremony.
- Don't rely on your GPS to direct you to graduation parking at UNT. Instead, plan to take the North Texas Boulevard Exit to access campus from I-35.
- Follow signage and the instructions of the officers you encounter when you arrive on campus.
- Parking on campus will not require a permit during the high school/NCTC graduations but handicapped parking and no parking in fire lanes will be enforced.
- Graduates and guests will park in Lot 20 across North Texas Boulevard from the Coliseum until it is full and then will be directed to other nearby lots.
Special Needs Parking
Graduates and guests with special needs will park in Lot 27.
Based on expected class size, tickets may be required for entrance. The Coliseum will work closely with each high school to determine if tickets are necessary. Check with your high school to determine whether guest tickets are required for your ceremony.
Entering the Coliseum
Graduates The West Tunnel will open 1 hour prior to ceremony start time.
Guests Doors will open 1 hour prior to ceremony start time. Only Gates A, B, D & G will be available for entrance.
Exiting the Coliseum
Graduates will participate in a recessional and exit the Coliseum through the South Tunnel.
Guests will be asked to meet their graduate outside of the Coliseum at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Concessions and flower sales
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited.
- Limited concessions will be available for all ceremonies.
- Flowers will be available for purchase at all ceremonies.
UNT Coliseum policies
- Guests are no longer allowed to save seats.
- There are no reserved seats, except for the graduates and special commencement guests invited by the school districts.
- The Coliseum will be enforcing it's clear bag policy.
- Accessible seating is available along the top rows of the lower seating area. These areas are designated as such.
- To allow viewing of all guests, please refrain from leaving your seat to take pictures or video.
- As soon as a ceremony has concluded, event staff will begin sweeping the Coliseum to escort remaining guests outside before the next ceremony begins.
- These items are not allowed inside the Coliseum:
- Beach balls
- Silly string
- Confetti and confetti cannons
- Laser pointers
- Weapons of any kind
- Signs or banners
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Artificial noise makers, such as air horns, whistles and bullhorns
- Any tobacco products or devices for smoking or vaping inside or outside the Coliseum. UNT is a smoke-free campus.
- Non-service animals
- Strollers inside the seating area; strollers can be used to bring young children into the Coliseum.