Summer is a great time to take advantage of smaller class sizes, catch up on coursework and graduate on time — or early!
1: Pick your classes
2: Clear any holds on your account
Check the 'Holds' section of the Student Center on my.unt.edu. Holds are applied for a number of reasons:
- Library fines - pay your fine before you register.
- Advising holds - See your advisor to get the necessary code.
- The Student Financial Obligation Hold (PDF link) must be cleared each semester before registering.
3: Register for classes at my.unt.edu
- Go to my.unt.edu
- Sign in with your EUID and password
- Click on the "Student Center" button
- Click on the "Enroll/Add/Drop" link
- While you're registering, don't forget to:
- Click the section number to find out more about a course, including prerequisites, labs, or any course restrictions.
- Click 'View All Sections' to see all the times a course is offered.
- Be sure to print your schedule and your bill when you've completed registration.
- What if a class I need is closed?
- Contact the department for your course.
Summer and Fall Registration Opens
Classification Date Honors College 7:00 a.m., March 19 Graduate Students
(for graduate courses)
7:00 a.m., March 19 Seniors 7:00 a.m., March 22 Graduate Students
(for undergraduate courses)
7:00 a.m., March 29 Juniors 7:00 a.m., March 29 Sophomores 7:00 a.m., April 5 Freshmen 7:00 a.m., April 12 All eligible students
12:00 a.m., Aug. 21 -
5:30 p.m., Aug. 23
Summer and Fall Registration Deadlines
Term Registration Ends Late Registration Opens Late Registration Ends 3W1/8W1/SUM 4:30 p.m., May 11 7:00 a.m., May 12 4:30 p.m., May 14 5W1/10W/8W2 4:30 p.m., June 1 7:00 a.m., June 2 4:30 p.m., June 4 5W2 4:30 p.m., July 6 7:00 a.m., July 7 4:30 p.m., July 9 Fall 4:30 p.m., Aug. 20 7:00 a.m., Aug. 24 5:30 p.m., Aug. 29
4: Paying for college
5: What happens next
Changing your schedule
- When is the Add/Drop period Summer 2018?
- When is the Add/Drop period Fall 2018?
- Important - Students cannot drop classes online via my.unt.edu after add/drop is over. After the add/drop period, drop forms must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Do I need instructor approval to drop my class?
- What grade will I receive if I drop a class?
- How do I drop a class? (PDF)
- How do I get a refund?
- How do I withdraw from school?
Before school starts
- Locate your classes on the campus map
- Get parking permits
- Check out UNT's bus routes and schedules
- Buy books
- Find a place to live - on-campus or off-campus
- Excessive hours
- Public Information Policy and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Campus Crime Statistics
- UNT Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act
- General academic and student information
- When do I register?
- What’s my classification? Am I a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior?
- What's my academic status?
- What if I’m trying to graduate this semester?