The registration process
Talk to an advisor
- Are you a new undergraduate student? You'll talk with an advisor when you attend new student orientation.
- New graduate student? Contact the advising office for your major.
- I'm a continuing student. When should I be talking to my advisor?
- How can I contact an advisor?
- What if I haven't decided on a major?
Contact an advisor in the Office for Exploring Majors.
Pick your classesThere are two ways to view classes while preparing your schedule
Clear any holds on your accountCheck the 'Holds' section of the Student Center on my.unt.edu. Holds are applied for a number of reasons:
- Library fines - pay your fine before you register.
- Advising holds - See your advisor to get the necessary code.
- The Student Financial Obligation Hold (PDF link) must be cleared each semester before registering.
Register for classes at my.unt.edu
- How do I use my.unt.edu to search for classes?
- How do I register (PDF)
- While you're registering, don't forget to:
- Click the section number to find out more about a course, including prerequisites, labs, or any course restrictions.
- Click 'View All Sections' to see all the times a course is offered.
- Be sure to print your schedule and your bill when you've completed registration
- What if a class I need is closed?
Contact the department for your course
Paying for college
Remember these dates
What happens next
Changing your schedule
- When is the Add/Drop period?
- Important - Students cannot drop classes online via my.unt.edu after add/drop is over. After the add/drop period, drop forms must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Do I need instructor approval to drop my class?
- What grade will I receive if I drop a class?
- How do I drop a class? (PDF)
- How do I get a refund?
- How do I withdraw from school?
Before school starts
- Locate your classes on the campus map
- Get parking permits
- Check out UNT's bus routes and schedules
- Buy books
- Find a place to live - on-campus or off-campus
- Excessive hours
- Public Information Policy and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Campus Crime Statistics
- UNT Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act
- General academic and student information