There's still time to register
We understand that securing your class schedule is an important step in transitioning to UNT and with the fall semester beginning on Aug. 29, we want to offer incoming transfer students the opportunity to register prior to orientation. Getting registered is easy – and we’re here to help every step of the way!
1: Talk to an advisor
Advisors provide the following:
- Help with course selection
- Graduation checks
- Degree audits
- Referrals to campus resources
Make an appointment with your advisor
Contact the office of your advisor and schedule an appointment. If you selected the Eagle Express Tuition Plan, you should check with you advisor to make sure you are still on track. For more information on advising, visit Advising at UNT
- Are you a new undergraduate student? You'll talk with an advisor when you attend new student orientation.
- New graduate student? Contact the advising office for your major.
- I'm a continuing student. When should I be talking to my advisor?
- How can I contact an advisor?
- What if I haven't decided on a major?
Contact an advisor.
|College of Arts and Sciences||GAB 220|
|College of Business||BLB 110||(940) 565-2110|
|College of Education||MATT 105||(940) 565-2736|
|College of Engineering||NTDP A101||(940) 565-4201|
|College of Information||NTDP C232||(940) 565-2445|
|Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism||GAB 107||(940) 565-3365|
|College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism||CHIL 385||(940) 565-4635|
|College of Music||CHIL 211||(940) 565-3860|
|College of Public Affairs and Community Service||CHIL 289||(940) 565-4115|
|College of Visual Arts and Design||ART 111||(940) 565-2216|
|Honors College||SAGE 257||(940) 565-3305|
3: Clear any holds on your account
Check the 'Holds' section of the Student Center on my.unt.edu. Holds are applied for a number of reasons:
- Library fines - pay your fine before you register.
- Advising holds - See your advisor to get the necessary code.
- The Student Financial Obligation Hold (PDF link) must be cleared each semester before registering.
4: Register for classes at my.unt.edu
- How do I use my.unt.edu to search for classes?
- How do I register (PDF)
- While you're registering, don't forget to:
- Click the section number to find out more about a course, including prerequisites, labs, or any course restrictions.
- Click 'View All Sections' to see all the times a course is offered.
- Be sure to print your schedule and your bill when you've completed registration
- What if a class I need is closed?
Contact the department for your course
Fall 2016 Registration Dates
Continuing students (enrolled Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and/or Summer 2016).
|Honors College||7:00 a.m., Mar. 11– 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18|
|Graduate Students||For graduate courses
(for regular and 8W1 session graduate courses)
7:00 a.m., Mar. 11– 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18
For undergraduate courses
7:00 a.m., Mar. 28 – 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18
|Seniors||7:00 a.m., Mar. 21– 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18|
|Juniors||7:00 a.m., Mar. 28– 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18|
|Sophomores||7:00 a.m., Apr. 4 – 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18|
|Freshmen||7:00 a.m., Apr. 11– 4:30 p.m., Aug. 18|
|Transfer||7:00 a.m., Aug. 22– 5:30 p.m., Aug. 31|
|All eligible students||12:00 a.m., Aug. 19 – Aug. 25, 5:30 p.m.|
|Late Registration||Students who have not registered.||7:00 a.m., Aug. 26 - 5:30 p.m., Aug. 31|
How to register for Fall 2016
- Go to my.unt.edu
- Sign in with your EUID and password
- Click on the "Student Center" button
- Click on the "Enroll/Add/Drop" link