1: Talk to an advisor
Advisors provide the following:
- Help with course selection
- Graduation checks
- Degree audits
- Referrals to campus resources
Make an appointment with your advisor
Contact the office of your advisor and schedule an appointment. If you selected the Eagle Express Tuition Plan, you should check with you advisor to make sure you are still on track. For more information on advising, visit Advising at UNT
- Are you a new undergraduate student? You'll talk with an advisor when you attend new student orientation.
- New graduate student? Contact the advising office for your major.
- I'm a continuing student. When should I be talking to my advisor?
- How can I contact an advisor?
- What if I haven't decided on a major?
Contact an advisor.
|College of Business||BLB 110||940-565-2110|
|College of Education||MATT 105||940-565-2736|
|College of Engineering||NTDP A101||940-565-4201|
|College of Health and Public Service||CHIL 289||940-565-4115|
|College of Information||NTDP C232||940-565-2445|
|Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism||GAB 107||940-565-3365|
|College of Liberal Arts and Social Siences||GAB 220||940-565-2051|
|College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism||CHIL 385||940-565-4635|
|College of Music||CHIL 211||940-565-3860|
|College of Science||GAB 220||940-565-2051|
|College of Visual Arts and Design||ART 111||940-565-2216|
|Honors College||SAGE 257||940-565-3305|
3: Clear any holds on your account
Check the 'Holds' section of the Student Center on my.unt.edu. Holds are applied for a number of reasons:
- Library fines - pay your fine before you register.
- Advising holds - See your advisor to get the necessary code.
- The Student Financial Obligation Hold (PDF link) must be cleared each semester before registering.
4: Register for classes at my.unt.edu
- How do I use my.unt.edu to search for classes?
- How do I register (PDF)
- While you're registering, don't forget to:
- Click the section number to find out more about a course, including prerequisites, labs, or any course restrictions.
- Click 'View All Sections' to see all the times a course is offered.
- Be sure to print your schedule and your bill when you've completed registration
- What if a class I need is closed?
Contact the department for your course
Fall 2017 Registration Dates
Continuing students (enrolled Summer 2016, Fall 2016, and/or Spring 2017).
|Honors College||7:00 a.m., Mar. 20 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17|
For graduate courses:
(for regular and 8W1 session graduate courses)
7:00 a.m., Mar. 20 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17
(for 8W2 graduate courses)
11:30 a.m., Mar. 13 - 11:30 a.m., Aug. 17
For undergraduate courses:
7:00 a.m., Mar. 30 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17
|Seniors||7:00 a.m., Mar. 23 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17|
|Juniors||7:00 a.m., Mar. 30 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17|
|Sophomores||7:00 a.m., Apr. 6 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17|
|Freshmen||7:00 a.m., Apr. 13 - 4:30 p.m., Aug. 17|
|Add/Drop (Students who have registered and completed fee payment.)||
Last day to add a Fall class is Sep. 1 at 4:30 p.m.
|All eligible students||5:30 p.m., Aug. 18 - Aug. 24, 5:30 p.m.|
|Late Registration||Students who have not registered. A $50 late fee is charged.||7:00 a.m., Aug. 25 - 5:30 p.m., Aug. 30|
How to register for Summer and Fall 2017
- Go to my.unt.edu
- Sign in with your EUID and password
- Click on the "Student Center" button
- Click on the "Enroll/Add/Drop" link
6: What happens next
Changing your schedule
- When is the Add/Drop period Fall 2017?
- Important - Students cannot drop classes online via my.unt.edu after add/drop is over. After the add/drop period, drop forms must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Do I need instructor approval to drop my class?
- What grade will I receive if I drop a class?
- How do I drop a class? (PDF)
- How do I get a refund?
- How do I withdraw from school?
Before school starts
- Locate your classes on the campus map
- Get parking permits
- Check out UNT's bus routes and schedules
- Buy books
- Find a place to live - on-campus or off-campus
- Excessive hours
- Public Information Policy and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Campus Crime Statistics
- UNT Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act
- General academic and student information
- When do I register?
- What’s my classification? Am I a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior?
- What's my academic status?
- What if I’m trying to graduate this semester?