The IRS encourages everyone to use its recently released 2018 Withholding Calculator.
Why should UNT System faculty and staff use the Withholding Calculator?
The use of the Withholding Calculator can help guard against having too little tax withheld which could help prevent an unexpected tax bill or penalty at tax time next year. You can use the information provided by the IRS Withholding Calculator to update your Form W-4.
Link to IRS Website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator
To Change Your Form W-4:
- Click on Employee Self Service
- Then click on the appropriate component you are employed at; Go to myUNT, Go to myHSC, Go to myDallas, Go to myLaw, Go to mySystem
- Login by entering your EUID and password
- Click on the Human Resources tab
- Select Payroll & Compensation
- Select W-4 Tax Information
- Provide your changes
- Click Submit and Provide your password to confirm the changes
You should make any necessary changes to your Form W-4 as promptly as possible. The deadline to make changes for the April 2 payroll check date is March 15.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Business Support Services at 940.369.5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.