Nov. 1, 2017
Dear UNT community,
Homecoming 2017, themed “Deep in the Heart of UNT,” takes place next week, and I hope to see all of you at the exciting events planned to celebrate UNT and our history. The events, planned from Nov. 6-11, are prime opportunities for you to celebrate what you love most about UNT and spread your Mean Green pride.
Homecoming is an annual time for members of the Mean Green Nation ― students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends ― to come together as a family, embrace our traditions and celebrate what makes our university great.
The festivities include:
- Homecoming Picnic: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 6 at the Library Mall
- Spirit Day: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Library Mall
- Basketball Games: 3 p.m. women’s tipoff and 5 p.m. men’s tipoff Nov. 10 at the Super Pit
- Spirit March: 7 p.m. Nov. 10, starting at Fraternity Row and ending at Apogee Stadium
- Homecoming Bonfire: 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at Apogee Stadium
- Homecoming Parade: 11 a.m. Nov. 11, starting on Highland Street by the Library Mall
- Tailgating: 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at Mean Green Village
- Mean Green vs. UTEP game: 4 p.m. kickoff Nov. 11 at Apogee Stadium
Visit the 2017 Homecoming website for complete event details (including tips for parking) and be sure to use the official #UNTHC17 hashtag on all your social media posts!
There are plenty of ways you can get involved as a student or as a faculty and staff member. Join us for the fun and excitement!