March 17, 2020
Dear Faculty and Staff,
As you are likely aware, new federal guidelines were released Monday, March 16, that recommend gatherings be limited to 10 or fewer individuals. As a result, we are moving to further limit interaction on campus with the following measures:
- All remaining, university-sponsored, in-person events on campus are canceled effective immediately. No decision has been made regarding May Commencement ceremonies.
- In-person meetings should follow current federal guidelines. If possible, all, or a majority, of participants should use Zoom, conference calls or another alternative form of communication.
- In consultation with division vice presidents, supervisors should finalize plans for employees to telecommute, where possible, and increase rotation of staff on and off campus in situations where some staff are needed on-site for business continuity.
- As quickly as possible, we are moving to mostly electronic approvals to replace paper forms that often travel through multiple individuals.
- Adjustments are being made with dining services to allow for a continuity of service in limited locations while practicing social distancing as much as possible.
- Plans for alternative delivery of all courses have been prepared and are now under review. We look forward to sharing our plans with students on Thursday.
As part of our ongoing effort to update you regarding the latest COVID-19 news at UNT, a daily communication will be issued by 10 a.m. Monday through Friday unless there is no significant new information to report. Please remember that you also can check healthalerts.unt.edu any time for updates regarding teaching, learning, working, etc. during this health crisis.
I remain very grateful for all of the work you are doing to serve our students and care for each other during this difficult time.