March 22, 2020
Dear Mean Green students and parents,
In response to the additional cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our region of the state, UNT is moving to only essential personnel on campus. We are currently identifying employees who are needed in order to serve UNT students that choose to remain in our residence halls and also those dealing with critical business functions of the university. The safety and health of our students and entire university community is our primary focus.
Important takeaways for you:
- Residence halls and dining services – with social distancing in mind – will stay open for those who wish to remain in our care. The Student Health and Wellness clinic also with social distancing in place will be open.
- For those who choose to leave the residence halls, please continue to use the check-out sign-up form.
- The UNT Food Pantry in Crumley Hall is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- We have moved all of our support services to an online format to serve our students, whether they are living on-campus or completing coursework afar. These options include email, telephone and Zoom or other video chat services.
- Student employees are being directed to reach out to their supervisors directly to discuss telecommuting and other options.
For general questions and concerns, please reach out to the Parent and Family Hotline at 844-366-5892. The hotline is available 10 a.m. to 2. p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For further questions regarding housing or dining, please call 940-565-2610. Regular hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but staff will be available 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Sunday, March 22.
As stated before, this is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will continue to keep you updated.
We are working diligently to safeguard our community as best we can while continuing to fulfill the university’s primary mission to serve our students. Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.