May 8, 2018
Dear UNT community,
As you know, many people are expected to be on campus to celebrate with graduates. UNT buses will only run to and from Discovery Park on Friday, May 11, and will not run on Saturday, May 12. Please allow extra time for parking and traffic during commencement and the Grad Block Party. Carpooling for graduates and their families is strongly encouraged to minimize parking and traffic delays.
Three UNT event shuttles will operate for commencement ceremonies Friday and Saturday. One shuttle will travel along North Texas Boulevard, back and forth between the Coliseum and parking lots near West Hall. The other two shuttles will travel east on Highland Street and west on Maple Avenue between Avenue D and Avenue A.
For community members not attending commencement ceremonies, there will be intermittent road closures and congestion in the area around the Coliseum and designated parking areas throughout Friday and Saturday. Using routes and parking areas on the north and east sides of campus will help avoid most congestion.
Students who are moving out of the residence halls on Friday and Saturday should park in the lots along Eagle Drive or otherwise away from main commencement areas.
Designated Commencement Parking May 10-12
- For the Honors College Medallion Ceremony and TAMS commencement May 10, graduates and guests will be allowed to park in the Fouts Field lot. All other campus parking lots will operate as usual that evening.
- Parking May 11-12 for graduates and their guests is reserved at Fouts Field. Additional parking is available in Lots 14, 15, 17, 32, 33, 42, 36, 37, 39, 40 and the Highland Street Garage.
- Parking May 11-12 for faculty participating in commencement events is reserved at Lot 26 near the College of Music practice buildings.
- ADA parking is reserved in Lot 27 next to the UNT Coliseum.
Faculty and Staff Parking May 11
- Lot 24 between Crumley Hall and the Business Leadership Building will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, and remain closed through Saturday, May 12.
- Faculty and staff who are working Friday, May 11, may park in the top two floors of the Highland Street Garage. All vehicles must be moved from the Union Garage by noon on Friday, May 11.