Nov. 2, 2016
The director of Core Curriculum, charged by the Provost, is hosting a series of town hall meetings to encourage faculty and staff who are interested in, teach or work with core courses to provide input related to potential Core Curriculum changes. These changes specifically relate to the Component Area Option required by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and a public forum is required before changes can take effect.
Five town hall meetings are planned throughout the remainder of FY 2017:
- 8-9 a.m., Nov 11, 2016 – Discovery Park, room B157
- 8-9 a.m., Dec 1, 2016 – Business Leadership Building, room 040
- 10-11 a.m., Jan 18, 2017 – Willis Library, room 140
- 10-11 a.m., Feb 10, 2017 – GAB, room 204
- 10-11 a.m., Mar 8, 2017 – Chilton Hall, room 245
In addition to attending these meetings, faculty and staff can provide input via the Office of Core Curriculum website. On the website, you also will find details about how other Texas universities approach the Component Area Option institutional option in the Core Curriculum and an extensive description about the history and current status of the Component Area Option at UNT.
If you have questions, please contact Jeanne Tunks, Director of the Core at: Jeanne.email@example.com; 940-369-5151.