Sept. 25, 2017
The University Policy Office, in collaboration with policy owners, aids in the development, review, approval and maintenance of university-wide policies. These policies impact students, faculty and staff. The policy office encourages you to visit the policy updates page for the full list of new and updated policies.
Each quarter, the policy office will send the university community updates on policies that have the largest impact on students, faculty and staff. Please find this quarter’s updates at the bottom of this email.
Highlights from the policy updates this quarter:
- New: 06.002 Academic Appointments and Titles – Defines academic appointments and titles for university-wide uniformity and to deter the creation of unapproved unit-specific titles.
- New: 06.004 Faculty Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion – Provides the framework for the development and implementation of processes that support faculty reappointment, tenure and promotion.
- New: 06.005 Non-Tenure Track Faculty Reappointment and Promotion – Replaces the Faculty Appointments and Granting of Tenure policy; includes content to clarify multi-year contract terms, promotion criteria and due proces.
- New: 06.007 Annual Review – Focuses on annual review of full-time faculty members.
- New: 11.011 Research Space Assignment – Provides governance on the process of assigning and assessing utilization of research space to align with UNT research missions and objectives.
- Revised: 06.003 Student Academic Integrity – Ensures alignment with the new online academic integrity form submission process.