Aug. 19, 2019
Today, the free online learning and professional development platform used by the UNT System, Lynda.com, became LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning will remain free to UNT System faculty and staff, and offers you a more intuitive interface and more content recommendations while retaining Lynda.com’s 10,000-plus item course library, transcripts and exercise files.
The upgrade gives you the option to connect your UNT System LinkedIn Learning account to your profile on LinkedIn – the world’s largest career-networking platform. If you choose to link your accounts, you can expect a more personalized experience, with specialized course recommendations based on job title, skills and industry. Users with linked accounts will receive digital course completion badges that can make your LinkedIn profile more rich and robust.
LinkedIn Learning benefits you by:
- Providing access to a wide range of topics and subject categories
- Supplementing coursework Maximizing instructional time
- Allowing you to search course transcripts for quick answers
- Providing downloadable exercise files that reinforce retention
- Linking your LinkedIn Learning profile to your LinkedIn networking profile, allowing you to show employers badges for completed courses and customizing your LinkedIn networking experience based on your learning activities and job title
What to expect:
If you’ve already used Lynda.com, after the upgrade is completed, you’ll receive an email to activate your LinkedIn Learning account and will be able to pick up right where you left off Your Lynda.com login information will carry over to LinkedIn Learning All of the features and functionalities of the page remain the same, including transcripts, exercise files, mobile viewing and bookmarking Courses will be available in English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Mandarin and Portuguese