Sept. 8, 2014
Dear UNT community,
We've started another school year and I'm looking forward to a successful year full of milestones.
One important milestone is the development of an important initiative — our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). In case you hadn’t yet heard, UNT is preparing for reaccreditation. In 2016, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges will visit UNT to engage in a process that is designed to evaluate our university's high standards.
Part of that process is the development of a QEP, which is a five-year plan to improve student learning. Our students, faculty and staff have played an essential role in developing the QEP proposals and I hope you will continue to provide input and insight as we select the final proposal.
With the help of the UNT community in the past year, the QEP leadership team narrowed down numerous submissions to four finalist proposals. We're ready to hear your feedback on the finalists. The proposals are:
- Engaging the Global Generations, which prepares students here at UNT and through external partnerships to become thoughtful and engaged global citizens
- FlightPath for Career Success, which helps students focus their career and higher education goals, guiding them to develop professional skills and competencies
- Soar Beyond the Classroom, which uses community engagement to help students develop social responsibility and critical thinking and communication skills
- Undergraduate Scholarship, which establishes a broader, institution-wide approach to undergraduate research and offers incentives to support that research
You can hear more about these four proposals at one of the public forums. In each of these forums, there will be a Q&A session and you'll have the opportunity to provide your feedback about the proposals.
The forums will be held:
- 9 to 10 a.m. Sept. 12, Willis Library Forum room
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Sept. 18, Pohl Recreation Center, Rooms 205 and 207
- 11 a.m. to Noon, Sept. 23, Discovery Park, Room B155, and Chilton Hall, Room 245 (video conference between the two rooms)
The QEP leadership team will recommend a final plan by October based on their research and your feedback. To learn more about the QEP proposals, visit the website.
Thanks for giving us feedback and helping us to create a strong plan for student learning. We value your input.