Oct. 28, 2019
Dear UNT faculty and staff,
UNT System is upgrading the PeopleAdmin System that is currently used to post jobs and screen job candidates.
Now, each UNT System campus has its own platform for these functions, but this project creates a single site for all locations featuring mobile friendly, cloud-based software. The first two modules in the upgrade, Position Management (for classification and position descriptions) and Applicant Tracking, will launch on Dec. 1.
Two additional modules, Onboarding for new employees and Performance Management for staff employees, are scheduled to launch in Spring 2020.
The goals for this upgrade include:
- improving the applicant experience
- creating faster and easier hiring and onboarding processes
- improving hiring managers’ experiences
- maintaining a central database for classification and position descriptions
- developing an electronic performance review system for staff
- providing reliable hiring and performance metrics and analytics
The cloud-based platform requires minimal upkeep and allows system administrators to make changes quickly. Because it is optimized for mobile use, candidates and hiring managers will be able to access job listings and applications from mobile devices while on the go. Candidates will be able to upload their resumes to create pre-populated fields on the employment application, and apply via LinkedIn and Chronicle Vitae. This should lead to larger applicant pools. PeopleAdmin and EIS will be integrated to facilitate moving data back and forth between the two platforms.
Hiring managers should review the status of currently open job postings or postings that are scheduled to be opened between now and the end of the year. They may want to consider delaying a posting until the new platform has been launched. UNT System talent acquisition staff will directly contact hiring managers who have jobs currently posted and assist staff in the transition to the new platform to minimize interruption to operations. HR will also work with departments to ensure that up-to-date position descriptions are loaded into the upgraded system. This step will be critical for facilitating the launch of electronic performance reviews for staff in phase two of the project.
You will have the opportunity to participate in training to use the new system:
- 9-11 a.m. Nov. 11 at UNT - Dallas, DAL1 222
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at the UNT Health Science Center, IREB 230, in Fort Worth
- 9-11 a.m. Nov. 14 at UNT Support Services Building in Denton
- 2-4 p.m. Nov. 15 at UNT Support Services Building in Denton
- 9-11 a.m. Nov. 18 at UNT - Dallas, DAL1 222
- 10 a.m.-noon Nov. 18 at UNT Support Services Building in Denton
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at the UNT Health Science Center, IREB 230, in Fort Worth
- 2-4 p.m. Nov. 20 at UNT Support Services Building in Denton