Summer Enrollment for benefits continues through July 15 (Saturday) for active, eligible faculty and staff*, who will have the opportunity to enroll in new benefit programs or change current options.
- Changes made during Summer Enrollment will go into effect September 1, 2017, the first day of fiscal year 2018. If you do not want to make changes to your benefits, no action is required. Your current coverage will continue.
- Please remember that the plan administrator for ERS health plans will change from UnitedHealthcare to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) as of FY18. OptumRx will remain the prescription drug provider. See the Q&A regarding this transition and learn more from BCBSTX.
- Contributions to the health care and limited flexible spending accounts (TexFlex) have increased by $50, with a maximum contribution of $2,600. View information about TexFlex elections.
- Eligible, enrolled employees also should log into their ERS account to verify address and personal updates and watch their preferred addresses for mail from ERS. Your EIS portal does not receive changes made to ERS accounts.
*Who is eligible?
- Benefits-eligible employees are those who
- Part time employees who work 20-29 hours per week (50 to 74 percent of FTE)
- Full time employees who work 30 or more hours per week (75 percent of FTE or higher)
- Call ERS Customer Service at 877-275-4377 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. ERS can make changes by phone.
- Find help from Benefits Team members, or call 1-855-878-7650, Option 2.