Wellness Week Schedule for Staff Appreciation Month 2021
Registering is easy! Sign up for any of the sessions below using UNT Bridge!
- Step 1: Log in to unt.bridgeapp.com.
- Step 2: Select the “Training Calendar” and find the course you would like to attend on the calendar or by searching the course title.
- Step 3: Click the “Register” button to register for the desired session(s).
|March 15||11 a.m. - Noon||Hidden Benefit Gems – Your Employee Assistance Program and Employee Perks||Register Here|
|Employee benefits are more than insurance coverage and retirement plans. While those are very important, we have other great programs that are free to you or provide discounts and lower costs for things you need or want. Join us to learn more about the EAP, a program that offers short-term counseling at no cost, as well as resources for managing stress and other issues. Learn about all the perks programs available to you, including discounts on computers, phone plans, and much more. Presented by Mary Atkins and Lisa Garner of Human Resources, Benefits.|
|March 15||Noon - 1 p.m.||Maximizing your BlueCross BlueShield Health Select of Texas benefits||Register Here|
|Learn about the many value-added programs that are associated with your health insurance company, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas. You will learn more about the BCBSTX portal, mobile app, wellness resources and much more – including how to score free stuff! Presented by Lisa Garner of Human Resources, Benefits.|
|March 15||1 – 2 p.m.||Savings 101: Prepare for a Rainy Day||Register Here|
|Why, When and How??? Presented by Mike Vance and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
|March 16||11 a.m. - Noon||Budgeting 101: Managing Your Money||Register Here|
|Cover the basics of developing a personal budget based on your financial goals. Presented by Mike Vance and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
|March 16||Noon - 1 p.m.||Eat right, Bite by Bite!||Register Here|
|Supporting the philosophy that every little bit (or bite!) of nutrition is a step in the right direction. Small goals/changes can have a cumulative healthful effect. This presentation will cover general nutrition principles and recommendations, tips for grocery shopping, simple healthy food swaps, and will uncover facts vs fads! Presented by Samantha Krysiak, Registered Dietitian of Sport Nutrition and Dining Services.
Note: Meeting Passcode: 88NYW7
|March 16||1 – 2 p.m.||Insurance 101: Understanding the Basics||Register Here|
|Understand the terms to know and how much coverage you need. Presented by Lety Arista and Carrie Gorman of DATCU.|
|March 16||2 – 4 p.m.||QPR Suicide Prevention Training||Register Here|
|Learn how to be a QPR gatekeeper and prevent suicide. Become QPR Certified by learning how to recognize warning signs of suicidal thinking. Must stay for full session for certification.
Note: Registration Required. Zoom – link will be sent to registrants the week of the training.
|March 17||11 a.m. - Noon||Home Buying 101: Understanding the Basics||Register Here|
|Get important tips to help you through the journey to home ownership. Presented by Janice Sheppard of DATCU.|
|March 17||Noon - 1 p.m.||Roadmap to Retirement||Register Here|
|Whether you are miles away from retirement or it is just around the corner – it is never too soon (or too late) to start planning. Join us for information on the two retirement plans (TRS and ORP), insights into retirement eligibility, other benefits like retiree health insurance, and how to prepare for the journey. Presented by Mary Atkins of Human Resources, Benefits.|
|March 17||1 – 2 p.m.||Fraud Protection 101: Protecting Your Identity||Register Here|
|Learn to recognize the current fraud threats and tips on preventing theft of your identity. Presented by Pat Sherman and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
|March 18||11 a.m. - Noon||Credit Score 101: Understanding and Improving||Register Here|
|Learn the basics that determine your score, why it matters and how to improve it. Presented by Pat Sherman and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
|March 18||Noon - 1 p.m.||Managing Burnout: Developing Resiliency and Increasing Self-Care||Register Here|
|This session will focus on understanding burn out and compassion fatigue, understanding resiliency, and how to integrate self-care into your work. Presented by Bethany Evans, Psy.D. of Counseling and Testing Services.|
|March 18||1 – 2 p.m.||Raising Money Savvy Kids||Register Here|
|Teaching age-appropriate financial concepts and habits pre-K through high school. Presented by Mike Vance and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
|March 19||1 – 2 p.m.||Credit Cards 101: What's the Difference?||Register Here|
|Reward yourself with an understanding of fees, rewards, billing cycles, and much more! Presented by Pat Sherman and John Mallouf of DATCU.|
Recreational Sports Offerings
The following Group Exercise Classes will be FREE during the month of March:
|Mondays||Zumba||12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Tuesdays||Vinyasa Flow Yoga||11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Body Weight Strength||12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||Vinyasa Flow Yoga||11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Full Body Strength||12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Thursdays||Slow Flow Yoga||11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||HIIT||12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Fridays||Target Yoga||11:30 a.m. – noon||50/50||12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m.|
- Zumba – This class features rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats to really get your energy levels soaring! Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga – This class features intermediate guided flows at an accelerated pace. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register for Tuesdays or register for Wednesdays!
- Body Weight Strength – No equipment, no problem. This high-energy, body weight training session will work your full body and include a mix of upper and lower strength work. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- Full Body Strength – Short on time? Work all muscle groups through a variety of strength exercises in this 45-minute class. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- Slow Flow Yoga – This class features beginner guided flows at a slower pace. All levels welcome. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- HIIT – This class features high intensity interval training focused on short, intense activity bursts followed by brief recovery periods. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- Target Yoga – Target yoga will be a quick flow with a specific theme each week: focusing on a certain yoga pose, sport or target goals for life. All levels welcome. Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
- 50/50 – This class is a total body workout designed to make the most of your exercise routine. It will challenge your body by combining high intensity cardio intervals with bodyweight strength training. This workout will sculpt and strengthen the major muscle groups while also getting a great cardio burn! Presented by a staff member from the Rec Center! Register now!
Also see Learning Sessions and Virtual Networking Week Sessions for Staff Appreciation Month, presented by DATCU.
Questions? Email Anh.LePalomino@untsystem.edu with the subject line “Staff Appreciation Month.” Special thanks to our volunteers!