March 21, 2017
Dear UNT Community,
Multiple events will be taking place across campus this weekend starting Thursday, March 23 through Sunday March 26. Most notably, our fellow alumni Eli Young Band will be back on campus performing a special concert for the UNT community. If you haven’t done so yet, get your special-priced tickets.
Many people are expected to be in attendance on the UNT campus for the concert and other events throughout the weekend. Please be aware of impacts to parking and traffic, and prepare for congestion. Plan ahead and allow extra travel time to, from and on campus.
Traffic Alerts during Weekend Events
- Resident Lots that will be directly impacted by these events are Lots 19, 20, 80, 81 and 85. All vehicles need to be cleared from these resident lots in an effort to prepare for heavy traffic and parking congestion. We are asking that residents temporarily relocate their vehicle by Thursday, March 23 at 7 a.m. and return to their permitted location no later than Sunday, March 26, 2017 by 10 a.m. Additional communication will be sent to those residents directly affected.
- Fort Worth Drive/Highway 377: Because of I-35E construction and traffic flows, guests are encouraged to exit Fort Worth Drive (Highway 377) to reach their designated parking lots and avoid street closures.
- 35Express Project: The Texas Department of Transportation’s 35Express construction project for I-35E also will cause traffic delays. To find the most up-to-date information, visit http://www.35express.org and sign up for traffic text alerts and project email updates. You also can follow the project on Twitter at @35Express.
Designated Event Parking March 24-25
There will be designated parking for guests attending each event and dislocated residential students March 24-25.
- Highland Street Garage will be available for Wingspan guests and dislocated residents.
- Residents may also park in the listed Eagle lots: 39, 41, 54, 55 and 57.
- Lot 20 and Highland Street Meters are available for Dance and Drill Team Parking.
- For TAMS event parking, please park in Lot 33.
- Lot 80, 81 and 85 are available for guests attending the Eli Young Band concert.
Shuttle Services for March 24-25 for Events
- E-Ride will be suspended between the hours of 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Saturday, March 25. The E-Ride shuttles will be used to transport concert attendees to Apogee Stadium from periodic stops along Maple Street, Eagle Drive, North Texas Boulevard, and Chestnut Street near residence halls.
- Apart from the time mentioned above, UNT Shuttle and E-Ride services will operate as regularly scheduled throughout the weekend.