April 3, 2017
The University Policy Office, in collaboration with policy owners, aids in the development, review, approval and maintenance of university-wide policies. These policies impact students, faculty and staff. The policy office encourages you to visit the policy updates page for the full list of new and updated policies.
Each quarter, the policy office will send the university community updates on policies that have the largest impact on students, faculty and staff. Please find this quarter’s updates at the bottom of this email.
Highlights from the policy updates this quarter:
- 06.003 Student Academic Integrity – Revised to include clarification of responsibilities, addition of degree revocation and clarification of the disciplinary process
- 10.024 Sales and Receipt of Funds – Revised to ensure proper handling of the university's assets, improve compliance and address the needs of the current cash handling environment
- 07.002 Student Identity Verification, Privacy, and Notification in Distance Education Courses – New policy issued to establish procedure for notifying students of meeting times, proctor exams, etc. for distance education courses prior to enrollment\
- 07.019 Student Organizations – Revised to clarify office eligibility and appeals process for office eligibility, membership size requirement and organizational benefits.
- 07.020 Student Services Fee Committee - Revised to reflect the current process for member selection.