The University Relations, Communications and Marketing News and Media Relations team is offering free media training for faculty and staff. Each session will cover everything from how to work with the news team to earn media coverage of your work to how to prepare for and ace your next interview with a media outlet.
In an effort to make each session as beneficial as possible for participants, classes are capped at 15 registrants per session. Each session includes a main presentation followed by smaller breakout groups for more one-on-one coaching. Participants interested in attending only the main presentation portion should note that when registering.
- Access the Learning Portal at https://mylearning.unt.edu
- On the Learning Center click on the Find Learning tile
- Search for Media Training
- Click on the Enroll button for the desired class
- To view all registrations and to cancel, if necessary, go to your My Learning page
- Click on NavBar (top right corner) and select Learning Home
- Click here for further information on using the Learning Portal
All sessions will be held at the University Services Building near Fouts Field.
Available dates and times are below.
- Friday, Sept. 7 – 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4 – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 – 9 a.m.
For more information, contact Leigh Anne Gullett, Associate Director of News, at firstname.lastname@example.org.