Breaking the Q12 Code: Understanding the Elements of Employee Engagement
Join Campus HR as we describe each of the 12 elements of employee engagement in detail, including the two elements of focus for UNT for FY20 – Q1 and Q8. In each of the Q12 sessions, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the particular element(s) of engagement, identify strategies to aid departments in increasing employee engagement, and learn from colleagues in the campus community who have implemented successful engagement measures that may be transferrable. Each session will be informative, collaborative, and fun!
Register through the Learning Portal and search “Q12.”
Sessions are offered at the UNT Support and Services Building, Room 102:
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 10-11:30 a.m., Q1 & Q2 — I know what is expected of me at work, and have the materials and equipment needed.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 10-11:30 a.m., Q3 and Q6 — I have the opportunity to do what I do best, and someone at work encourages my development.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 10-11:30 a.m., Q4 — Recognition provided in the last seven days.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 1:30-3 p.m., Q5 and Q10 — Someone at work cares about me as a person, and I have a best friend at work.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 10-11:30 a.m., Q7 and Q9 — At work my opinions seem to count, and my coworkers are committed to quality.
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 10-11:30 a.m., Q8 — The mission or purpose of my organization makes me feel my job is important.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 10-11:30 a.m., Q11 and Q12 — Someone at work has talked about my progress, and I have had opportunities to learn and grow.
Participation in all of the modules offered is encouraged but not required.
Other training opportunities offered
- For Individuals: Owning Your Own Engagement, Tuesday, Oct. 29, 10 a.m.-noon, SSB 102 — Want to find meaningful ways to internalize and explore your own engagement as an individual contributor? Explore what having a psychological and emotional connection to your job means and discover ways to find connection in your work! (Supervisors should strongly encourage their teams to attend this.) Register through the Learning Portal.)
- For Supervisors: Engagement Action Planning, Thursday, Oct. 31, 2-4 p.m., SSB 102 — Want to create an engagement action plan with your team but don’t know where to start? Join us in an informative session where we will review a few ways to conduct an engagement conversation with your team and jump start your plans. Register through the Learning Portal.
- For Teams: Engagement Coaching — The Department of Organizational Development and Engagement can provide a trained Gallup facilitator/coach to review your scores with you and set your team on the road to working toward increasing engagement as a team. (Must book in advance; email ODE@untsystem.edu.)