UNT cares about employees’ health and overall wellbeing so to help you maintain your health and reach fitness goals, UNT offers employee, dependent and plus-one Pohl Recreation Center memberships with special pricing when purchasing annual memberships.
Get out of the heat to enjoy these options and more:
- Our lap pool, leisure pool, and hot tub.
- Over 100 pieces of cardio equipment.
- 14,500 square foot weight room.
- 1/8 mile walking and jogging track.
- Free day use lockers, locker rooms, and showers.
- Personal training sessions and special fitness programs, all led by our certified personal trainers.
- Private swim lessons, as well as kids and adult group swim instruction classes with our certified lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Indoor climbing and bouldering walls.
- Over 50 group exercise classes a week, led by certified group instructors, featuring classes like Yoga, Zumba, Cycle, Kickboxing, Dance Jam, and more. This also includes free lunch hour group exercise classes Monday-Friday.
As a member of the Faculty/Staff Fitness program, full-time staff members are eligible for 20 minutes of administrative leave for one hour of daily exercise as approved by their supervisor (policy 05.058). With extensive hours of operation, you can exercise before or after work, or even during lunch.