August 30, 2016
The UNT Staff Senate has elected new officers for the 2016-17 academic year. The new officers will assume their duties on the Senate starting Sept. 1.
Members of the Staff Senate serve in an advisory role and work with the university's administration on important staff issues. Newly elected members will serve one two-year term beginning in September.
Officers for the 2016-17 academic year are:
- Chair Christi Hestand, Division of Equity and Diversity
- Vice Chair Gary Payne, Divsion of University Relations, Communications and Marketing
- Secretary Amber Bryant, Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign
- Treasurer Kathryn Beasley, College of Engineering
- Parliamentarian Kevin Sanders, UNT Housing
- Communications Coordinator Brandi Everett, College of Business
About the UNT Staff Senate
The UNT Staff Senate serves as a formal way for university staff to communicate with campus constituents regarding issues relevant to staff members. The Staff Senate seeks to advance the university’s mission and strategic plans, paying particular attention to issues and interests that impact UNT’s more than 3,000 staff members.