As a UNT faculty or staff member, you may be enrolled in a valuable benefit, a health insurance plan managed by the Employees Retirement System (ERS) of Texas. Please note that a new plan administrator will be in place in Fiscal Year 2018. ERS serves higher education and certain state agency employees.
As of September 1, 2017 (FY18), the plan administrator for ERS health plans will change from UnitedHealthcare to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX). OptumRx will remain the prescription drug provider.
- ERS made the change as part of periodic re-bidding for contracted services. Watch your email for more information and learn more from ERS as annual enrollment nears.
- Enrolled employees should discuss this upcoming change with their physicians and other providers to make certain that they and their covered dependents have a smooth transition for medical care.
- The plan administrator changes at midnight August 31, 2017, the final day of FY17. As of September 1, 2017, the first day of FY18, BCBSTX will be ERS health plan administrator.
Annual benefits enrollment period for FY18 for UNT will be July 2-15, 2017.
To receive annual enrollment and other insurance related news at your home, eligible employees also may log into their ERS account to verify address and personal updates. Updates completed on UNT self-service platforms are not automatically loaded into the ERS system, so it is important to keep your personal information up-to-date with ERS.
Another Benefits Update - New Merchandise Vendor
- A new discount merchandise vendor has been added to available perquisites (perks). Faculty and staff may log in to perksconnect with group code UNTX17 to create an account.
- Other, similar vendors are PerkSpot and Beneplace. (The UNT System does not endorse or manage discount vendors.)
- Watch your email and preferred home mail for more information from Human Resources and ERS.
- Email a Benefits Coordinator or call the Benefits team, 1-855-878-7650, Option 2, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. HR Benefits secure FAX is 817-735-0127.