Dear UNT faculty and staff,
It's that time of year when we show how caring and generous the UNT community is by supporting the State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) during October. Giving through the SECC enables you to support hundreds of local, state and national organizations that help those in need.
This year's campaign runs through Oct. 31, 2017. A small contribution goes a long way, particularly when we are giving here in Denton and making an impact locally.
UNT has set a goal of surpassing the $140,000 raised in pledges last year, and we'd love to increase our participation rate beyond the 31 percent who donated last year. It doesn't matter how much you give — any amount over $2 can make a difference. You can learn more on UNT's SECC website or by contacting the campaign co-chairs:
The state makes it as easy as possible to give to the organization of your choice.
- You can donate to nearly 400 local, state and national organizations.
- You can be assured that your money goes to legitimate, regularly audited nonprofits.
- You can choose your charity.
- You can donate as a payroll deduction or as a one-time gift.
- You should be receiving a printed letter about the SECC with a packet. Please complete the information and return the packet through your department coordinator or in person to: SECC, Student Accounting/University Cashiering Services in the Eagle Student Services Center, Office 105. Please do not send cash through campus mail; cash must be personally delivered to a department coordinator or to Student Accounting.
Don't forget the other ways you can support SECC through fun events on campus this month.