As the global situation surrounding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, and because UNT cares about our community, we are proactively monitoring the outbreak and prioritizing the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Based on the latest information from the CDC and its guidance to institutions of higher education, we are suspending all international travel to and from the following countries: China, Iran, South Korea, Italy and Japan.
At this time there are no confirmed or suspected cases among the UNT community. Regardless, please remember it is always important to take these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As spring break approaches, members of the UNT community are encouraged to be mindful of CDC and U.S. Department of State advice when considering travel plans. Travel restrictions and advisories can change frequently, and travelers should be prepared for restrictions going into effect with little or no advance notice. UNT's International Travel Team can help you with travel insurance or the latest information about areas where you'll be traveling.
If you would like to learn more about the current Coronavirus, or have questions about how it may impact you, visit unt.edu/coronavirus. Symptoms are similar to the flu and include fever, cough and shortness of breath. If anyone in the UNT community, including faculty and staff, is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, they should contact the Student Health and Wellness Center for more information.
Should you have specific questions regarding study abroad, travel restrictions or health concerns, here are helpful contacts: