Dear UNT community,
We're four weeks into our new school year and we already have so much to celebrate. We've started strong with record-setting enrollment increases — our student body grew to 38,121.
Our freshmen class grew 2.8 percent and is made up of 4,908 scholars, making it our largest to date. The new freshman class includes 26 new National Merit Finalists, who join 29 returning finalists, bringing the total number of National Merit Finalists who choose to study at UNT to 55. Each student brings such excitement and energy to campus, and I know this year we'll be able to continue cultivating great things.
We'll celebrate UNT's progress and our future priorities this Thursday (Sept. 21) at the 2017 State of the University (details are below). Please join me to learn how UNT will become a global leader in education innovation.
Join President Neal Smatresk for the 2017 State of the University
3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21
Murchison Performing Arts Center
Winspear Performance Hall
Doors open at 2:15 p.m.
Reception to meet new university leaders
in the Rehearsal Hall following the program
State of the University Parking and Transit Options
- Carpooling and walking to the Murchison are encouraged.
- Event parking will be open in Lot 20 (Fouts Field lot) beginning at 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 21 for all faculty, staff, students and visitors attending the event. Watch for signage leading to these spaces. Please remember to display the appropriate parking pass if you park in Lot 20 before or after those hours.
- Besides driving or walking to the Murchison, you may ride the Mean Green UNT bus, which stops in lot 20. Check the bus routes and schedules for the Mean Green route. If you need ADA accessibility assistance, please call transportation services at 940-565-3020.
- Because Lot 20 (Fouts Field lot) will have limited parking, UNT Shuttle service is available. The Highland Street and Union Circle garages are also available.
State of the University Event Details
- The event will be streamed live and recorded so you can watch the president's address if you can't attend the event.