Dear UNT Students,
I hope that you are finding a chance to enjoy this holiday season and unwind from the semester.
As you enjoy a much-needed break, please keep in mind the CDC-recommended public health strategies, including wearing your face mask, staying socially distanced, and avoiding nonessential indoor spaces and crowded outdoor venues, among others.
From day one of this COVID-19 pandemic, our primary goal has been keeping our UNT community safe and healthy while allowing for engagement opportunities whenever feasible. We were happy to find our initial step of allowing small, in-person events and meetings for student organizations this fall successful, and we are hopeful for what we can offer this spring. We also are hopeful for what the COVID-19 vaccine might mean for our community.
With all of this in mind, we developed a proposal for Spring 2021 that includes continuing in-person events and meetings in a safe environment, when possible. When we return in January, we will continue to evaluate the COVID-19 conditions and move forward - or adjust - as appropriate.
Opening in the spring in the safest way possible will take all of us working together and each of us doing our part. Before returning to campus after the holiday break, we encourage you to get a COVID-19 test and to self-monitor for 14 days before returning. The self-monitoring form can serve as a guide and you also can log in to Canvas to access the COVID-19 safety protocols course you completed last fall.
Daily COVID-19 testing administered by WellHealth will continue at the Union Circle Garage. The testing is available with no individual out-of-pocket cost. To register, visit gogettested.com, search for Denton on the map and follow the “Book Now" link on the "Denton - UNT Union Circle Garage - Texas Emergency Management” location. Include the group code "UNT" to allow positive test results to be sent directly to UNT's COVID response team. Testing is offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, except for holidays.
It also is important to note that all faculty, staff or students arriving from any international location will be asked to quarantine off campus for 10 days. International students who will be living on campus will be provided with an on-campus quarantine room. To report your international travel to the COVID hotline, call 844-366-5892 or email COVID@unt.edu for instructions on their quarantine period or on-campus quarantine housing.
Other spring information to keep in mind:
- Registration for all classifications will remain open until 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 7. Late registration will open Friday, Jan. 8, but note that a late fee will be assessed at this time.
- To speak to an advisor for guidance, schedule an appointment with your college from the Advising Appointments webpage.
- Payment for spring classes is due by 6 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 7. More information about payment options and deadlines can be found on the Student Financial Services' Payments webpage.
- Residence halls reopen for move-in beginning Wednesday, Jan. 6. Visit the Spring 2021 Move-In announcement to find move-in information and signup instructions for move-in dates and times.
- New students need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Training course through Canvas before coming to campus. Log-in to the site using your EUID and password. Returning students who feel they need a refresher are encouraged to repeat the training as well.
- The first day of classes is Monday, Jan. 11.
I hope you enjoy your winter break. I look forward to seeing you on campus in the spring and continuing to work together to keep our community safe.