Oct. 23, 2023
Don’t worry — when Mean Green Scream Homecoming ends, we’ll still have Halloween!
Get ready for these spine-tingling opportunities on campus:
- Friends and family of UNT are invited to trick-or-treat at the University Program
Council’s annual Boo Bash, offering children’s games and candy from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30 on the Union South
Lawn and in the Emerald Eagle Ballroom 314. Off Campus Student Services will present
Family Fun Night Activities, and there will be a face painter on site. Attendees without
a UNT parking pass can get one free on site in Lot 37 to attend the event. Children
must be accompanied by an adult at all times. If you have questions, email email@example.com or call 940-565-3825.
- A spooktacular new Halloween adventure awaits as the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
hosts the inaugural Mean Green Monster Mash from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 30 in the Lovelace & McNatt Families Practice Facility
for the children of faculty, staff and students. Wear your best costume to the family-friendly
celebration and enjoy safe and fun activities — inflatables, games, giveaways and
more — while engaging with your Mean Green student-athletes. Enter through the garage
of the facility, located next to Lot 84 (the Blue Lot).
- The College of Music will present Tubaween at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Recital Hall in the Music Building. The annual showcase
of tuba and euphonium ensembles is free and open to the public. Check out their 2020 virtual concert.
- Get in the Halloween mood as Dining Services conjures up pumpkin lattes and scones for breakfast, from 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Bruceteria. Then celebrate on Oct. 31
with Halloween sweets from Clark Bakery for lunch and dinner at Mean Greens Café, Champs and Kitchen West,
and a Zombie Dinner from 4 to 9 p.m. at Eagle Landing (hordes of fun).
- UPDATE: The free outdoor showing of Hocus Pocus Oct. 31 has been canceled due to bad weather brewing. But you can catch the classic
streaming on Disney+. If you haven't seen it, you won't want to miss the Sanderson
sisters — a tricky trio of witches inadvertently resurrected on Halloween night —
trying to reclaim their youth.