Welcome to the Class of 2026 — and to all our returning UNT students, we're so happy to have you back!
As you return to campus, be aware that navigating your way around might be a little more challenging this fall. The return of residential students means heavier vehicle and pedestrian traffic on campus, which will further increase as classes begin Aug. 29. Ongoing City of Denton road construction on North Texas Boulevard and Sycamore Street will further complicate driving around campus throughout the semester.
Please keep these tips in mind as we begin the Fall 2022 semester:
- Expect delays and last-minute closures — plan ahead and leave yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Have a strategy for where to park, but keep alternate parking locations in mind. Pay attention to lot signs and avoid parking in a lot that doesn't match your permit.
- Commuter students with Eagle permits are encouraged to park in Lot 20, across from the Coliseum. From the Coliseum, you can take a Mean Green bus to one of seven different stops across campus, or take a Parking Express bus to the Highland Street Garage across from the University Union. Both options get you to the center of campus within 25 minutes.
- Additional city construction may begin in other areas, so follow UNT Facilities on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to get the most up-to-date street closures and construction information and follow UNT Transportation Services' Twitter or Facebook pages for parking and transit tips.
- Check out the Fall DCTA bus routes. Be aware on Aug. 29 the schedule's location online changes.
- When you're moving across campus, watch carefully for traffic as you cross streets and navigate parking lots.
- It's still hot here in late August, so bring a water bottle with you to stay hydrated and avoid heat-related illnesses. Be aware the fall weather quickly changes here, so watch the forecast and be prepared.
It's going to be a great fall semester!