Dear UNT Faculty and Staff,
The Fall 2022 semester is underway and we are so happy to welcome students back to campus! As our newest national video advertisement showcases, UNT is not like every other university. We're a caring, creative Tier One research university where everyone can be themselves. Our students will be challenged and inspired as they grow through academic and extracurricular opportunities on their path to graduation.
My deepest appreciation to every one of you who will go out of your way this week to help our students, whether it be as a Week of Welcome volunteer or through your normal interactions with students. Tensions may be high with City of Denton construction creating greater traffic congestion, and we ask that you show students grace if they arrive late to class or work.
This fall is sure to include many fun, enriching events, and I hope you'll plan to join some. A list of events can be found on calendar.unt.edu, including these highlights:
- The Mean Green football home opener is Sept. 3 against SMU at Apogee Stadium.
- TEDxUNT: This Way Forward is Sept. 30. Tickets are available now.
- The fall President's Staff Sack Lunch is Oct. 18.
- Homecoming Week is Oct. 31-Nov. 5. Come out and celebrate all week long and help us go for Mean Green glory at the Homecoming game against Florida International on Nov. 5!
- Fall 2022 Commencement, scheduled for Dec. 16-18, will wrap up the semester.
We'll share information about more events, like World Mental Health Day, Anti-Bias & Cultural Awareness, and a Civil Discourse Town Hall, as the details are solidified. Don't forget that guests always are welcome to attend meetings for Faculty Senate (second Wednesdays of the month) and Staff Senate (second Tuesdays of the month).
Here's to an excellent fall semester!