Dear UNT students,
After a long hot summer, it's great to have you back on campus ready for a new fall semester. Last week was exciting as our freshmen moved in and today we welcome back the rest of the Mean Green family for another fantastic year. After talking with many of our students during the past month, I'm inspired by your hopes and dreams. I heard repeatedly that our students want UNT to transform them into successful professionals with strong skills, confidence and a network of friends. I can assure you that the UNT faculty, staff and administration is here to help you soar high, achieve your dreams and become the creative leaders of tomorrow.
As you'll see in our new video, UNT is a place where you belong and where we treat everyone like family. UNT is a place where faculty and staff care about your well-being and go the extra mile to help you achieve your hopes and dreams. UNT is a place where creativity is nurtured, where Mean Green Pride is abundant and where we encourage the pursuit of passions. In everything we do, UNT helps our students soar to great heights. When you need help, don't be afraid to ask, because #UNTCares about your success.
UNT is a place where creativity and technology unite to drive innovation in a digital age and where we are collaborating to create a new research culture and reimagine curriculum. We are a university on the rise, with a growing reputation and 72 programs now ranked among the nation's top 100. These are defining characteristics that make me #UNTProud.
As we begin another academic year, I hope you'll seek ways to get involved in the UNT community and join us at a number of events. A few key highlights include:
- Join me at my State of the University address at 3 p.m. Sept. 13 at the Murchison Performing Arts Center. Doors open at 2:15 p.m. I will unveil our future priorities and identify some of the initiatives we will focus on this year.
- Mean Green football season opener Sept. 1 against SMU at Apogee Stadium. After a successful season as Conference USA West Division champions and an appearance in the New Orleans Bowl, we're ready for another fantastic season with head football coach Seth Littrell and the Mean Green. Don't forget tickets are free for students! Wear green and come cheer loud and proud!
- The annual Founder's Day picnic is Sept. 14. Join us to celebrate UNT's 128th birthday!
- Family Weekend is Sept. 28-30.Share your green pride with your friends and family.
- Homecoming Week is Oct. 22-27.We'll celebrate all things UNT all week long and then conclude our celebrations with our homecoming game against Rice Oct. 27. Go Mean Green!
I'm wishing each and every one of you a fantastic fall semester. Remember to connect with me on Twitter @UNTPrez and show the world what makes you#UNTProud and how #UNTCares about your success. And don't forget green just isn't for #MeanGreenFriday and game days. We want to see your UNT spirit every day.