Aug. 27, 2019
Dear UNT community,
A new year of opportunity has arrived, and we’re so glad to have you as a member of our UNT family. We’re a caring, creative university focused on helping each student unlock their potential and achieve their dreams. Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. With a UNT education, you’ll be prepared to rise to the challenges of a modern workforce and fuel the nation’s creative economy. At UNT, nothing is out of reach, as you’ll see in our new video.
Designated a Tier One research university, we’re on the rise with 77 academic programs ranked among the nation’s top 100. Last year, we set records in research expenditures, philanthropic gifts and student enrollment. We anticipate this year will again be exceptional.
We want you to be a part of the excitement by participating in the events happening on campus this fall. You can find a full list of events at calendar.unt.edu, including these highlights:
- Join me for the President's State of the University address at 3 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Murchison Performing Arts Center.
- The Mean Green football season opener Aug. 31 against Abilene Christian at Apogee Stadium. Senior quarterback Mason Fine and head coach Seth Littrell return for another winning season. Join us at Apogee for every game and tune in when our games are broadcast. Be loud and be proud!
- Family Weekend is Sept. 27-29.
- Homecoming Week is Oct. 28-Nov. 2. Come out and celebrate all week long and help us go for Mean Green glory at the Homecoming game against UTEP on Nov. 2! Be sure not to miss two of my favorite traditions, the bonfire and parade!
- On Fridays, be sure to show your school spirit by wearing green for Mean Green Pride Day, as green isn’t just for game days.
To all our new students, welcome to the UNT family. We’re so glad you’re here, and we can’t wait to see you soar!