Feb. 5, 2020
The Center for Leadership and Service is accepting applications for 2020 LeaderShape Institute cluster facilitators through Friday, Feb. 21.
The institute for UNT students, scheduled May 11-14 this year at Bridgeport Camp and Conference Center, is an intensive experience that focuses on community, inclusive leadership, vision and integrity to help participants explore what they want to do and who they want to be. The family cluster is the formal support group for the participants during the week, and the cluster facilitator serves as a resource, catalyst and coach. Specific roles include:
- modeling leadership behavior and acting with integrity
- clarifying, summarizing and sharing ideas
- guiding group discussions
- facilitating selected segments of the curriculum
- establishing a climate conducive to learning
- challenging assumptions and encouraging reflection and feedback
- maintaining an energy level that matches the pace of the institute
Cluster facilitators are required to take part in a training on Sunday, May 10. Any UNT professional full-time staff member is eligible to apply.