Shopping for your favorite UNT fan? Here are some perfect gift ideas, and throw in a few treats for yourself as well!
1. Frisco Football Classic Tickets: No UNT fan's wishlist would be complete without the chance to cheer on the Mean Green in postseason play at the Frisco Football Classic Dec. 23. If you hurry you may still be able to buy tickets from the North Texas Athletics Ticket Office directly. Those purchases financially support Mean Green student-athletes and the athletics program's mission of Building Champions and Preparing Leaders. Go Mean Green!
2. UNT Masks: UNT PDS has you covered with this stylish trio of UNT masks that lets you promote UNT and everyone's wellbeing at the same time. The UNT Confetti, UNT Stripes and UNT Twists two-layer masks, just $2.50 each (plus tax for purchases by individuals), include a nose bridge and adjustable ear loops, and you get a free “Go Mean Green” hand sanitizer with purchase. Order online and pick up and pay in person at the north entrance of the University Services Building at Eagle Images, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m. Monday-Friday through Dec. 23. If you have any questions, just call 940-565-2005.
3. UNT Treats: If you're trying to satisfy a UNT fan's sweet tooth or your own, you can't do any better than the treats at The Corner Store and Scrappy's Ice Cream in the Union. For the holidays, that includes the delectable Peppermint Bark Crunch — vanilla ice cream with festive pieces of white chocolate mint bark. You can get it hand-scooped by the pint to-go for just $2. You'll also find seasonal pies and cookies and decorated cakes and cupcakes. All while supplies last. Check the holiday hours for this week and next week.
4. UNT Alumni Wine: Share UNT spirits with UNT Tempranillo or UNT Riesling, both 100% Texas wines from alumni-owned Cassaro Winery in Ovilla. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the UNT Alumni Association for student scholarships. You also might consider giving your UNT fan a UNT Alumni Association membership. The association is open to all students, former students, parents and friends of the university, and membership dues support student scholarships and outstanding programs for alumni.
5. ‘Peace Y'all' T-Shirt, Ornaments and Other UNT Merchandise: Head for the UNT CoLab to check out these great items, or use the new e-commerce site, which offers a selection online. The in-store promotion, 12 Days of Cheer, continues with 15% off cuisine, puzzles, crafts and paper goods today through Dec. 16; 15% off apothecary, home goods and décor Dec. 17-18; and 15% off accessories, jewelry, bandanas and keychains Dec. 21-23. Holiday hours through Dec. 22 are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, except Dec. 17 (10 a.m.-7 p.m.), and the store will be open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 23 before closing for the break. Proceeds help fund the operation of the CoLab, which supports CMHT students and promotes the university within the community.
6. UNT music: Give the latest One O'Clock Lab Band recording, Lab 2021, to the jazz fan in your life (also available at retailers and on digital streaming platforms), or check out other offerings in the online store. Proceeds from the sale of lab band recordings go to UNT and are used to help support the jazz studies program through scholarships, public performances, tours and related activities.
7. Don't forget our Spirit Shop, full of fabulous UNT merchandise. And have a very happy Mean Green holiday!