Sept. 13, 2016
Dear UNT community,
We’re three weeks into our new school year, and we already have so much to celebrate. The school year has started strong with an enrollment increase, another great freshman class and our first football win of the season. There is excitement and energy on campus as we hold our heads high as a Carnegie R1 research university.
We’re celebrating our progress and our future Thursday at the 2016 State of the University. The event details are below. You also should plan to celebrate UNT’s 126th birthday at the Founder’s Day Picnic Friday in the Library Mall.
I hope you’ll join me for the State of the University as we look to a new era of opportunity for UNT. The best is yet to come!
When: 3 to 5 p.m. Sept. 15
- Doors open at 2:15 p.m.
- Presentation begins at 3 p.m.
Where: Murchison Performing Arts Center
Reception: A reception will follow immediately after in the Horace and Euline Brock Grand Lobby
State of the University Event Details:
- The event will be streamed live and recorded so you can watch the president’s address if you can’t attend the event.
State of the University Parking and Transportation Details:
- Carpooling and walking to the Murchison are encouraged.
- Event parking will be open in Lot 20 (Fouts Field lot) between 1:30 and 4 p.m. on Sept. 15 for all faculty, staff, students and visitors attending the event. Watch for signage leading to these spaces. Please remember to display the appropriate parking pass if you park in Lot 20 before or after those hours.
- Besides driving or walking to the Murchison, you can ride several UNT buses that stop near the building. Check the bus routes and schedules for the Campus Cruiser, Mean Green, North Texan and Eagle Point routes.
- Because Lot 20 (Fouts Field) will have limited parking, “R” Permit holders are encouraged to park in Lot 85 by Victory Hall on the south side of Apogee Stadium. UNT Shuttle service is available. Check the parking maps to locate Lot 85 and check bus routes and schedules.
The Highland Street and Union Circle garages also are available.