Learn about the transfer process and how your credits transfer to UNT

Let one of our UNT Admissions Recruiters guide you through your transfer journey. Our Admissions Recruiters can meet with you virtually to help answer all your questions.


See how your credits and GPA will transfer to UNT

If you are attending a community college, we encourage you to plan all your community college course selections well in advance of transferring to UNT. You can discuss your degree plan with one of our Admissions Recruiters to ensure you receive the maximum amount of transfer credit for the courses you have taken.

Credits transfer easily from community colleges or other universities, particularly those that participate in the Texas Common Course Numbering System. If you're attending a Texas community college, UNT's online Transfer Resources include four-year plans and other tools to help you stay on track and graduate on time.

Some community colleges have enrollment agreements with UNT. Be sure to check to see if your school participates.

Did you know? You don’t need an associate degree to transfer to UNT.

Visit transfer guides to search UNT’s bachelor’s degrees and find out how your community college courses apply toward your UNT degree plan.
Visit the Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) to compare equivalent courses for Texas schools.
Meet with an Academic Advisor for pre-admissions advising and to explore majors.

Technical/career courses transfer

Create a personalized degree plan, so you can graduate sooner. With a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science degree, the majority of your AAS degree or technical/workforce credits may apply. You can choose from two BAAS degree options at UNT.

Military credits transfer

UNT is home to more than 2,500 members of the military community and their families. UNT may accept lower- and upper-division military credit, as recommended by the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Credit for vocational work may be accepted if you are pursuing a BAAS degree. For information, visit the Student Veterans Services website.

GPA transfers

At UNT, you'll have three GPAs:

  1. An overall Transferring GPA used for admission to UNT*
  2. A Cumulative UNT GPA that determines your UNT student status
  3. A Graduating GPA that includes all work (Transfer Work, plus UNT combined GPA) that determines your eligibility to apply for graduation from UNT and to graduate with honors

*If you have an "incomplete" on your transcript, it won't be calculated in your Transferring GPA for admission purposes. If you've earned a D, it will transfer (exception: Freshman Composition, which requires a grade of C or higher), but the course may need to be retaken. Certain departments may require a grade of C or higher in specific core courses.

See if your community college has an Eagle Bound Program Admission Partnership with UNT

UNT maintains Admission Partnership agreements with several community colleges through the Eagle Bound Program to provide special benefits and resources for community college students so that their transfer to UNT is seamless.