As one of the nation's 131 top-tier public research universities, we are focused on
creating tomorrow’s knowledge. Our students excel as teachers, artists, engineers
and everything in between. Together with supportive mentors, they learn in creative
environments that combine academic excellence, hands-on experience and thought-provoking
research to spark their imaginations and fill their minds. We give students an educational
experience that challenges and enriches them, ensuring they have the power to compete
with anyone, anywhere.
UNT students benefit from a traditional college experience, a nurturing environment,
programs that are nationally ranked, dedicated teachers and mentors, and a commitment
to excellence, all at an affordable cost.
- SUPPORT: With student success in mind, UNT's Sage Hall offers a one-stop shop for related undergraduate academic resources such as tutoring and study abroad programs.
- CONNECTIONS: Employee fairs and networking events are offered through the Career Center, departments or the Alumni Center.
Students work side-by-side with faculty and learn from respected scholars and industry
- TOP: UNT's political science program is one of a few NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates political science
programs in the nation.
- 315: UNT is one of the state's top universities for doctoral education, having awarded
315 doctoral degrees last year.
- INNOVATIVE SCHOLARS: UNT has 1,600 talented faculty members, many of whom are experts in their fields
and have earned honors such as Fulbrights, Guggenheim fellowships, National Medal
of Arts honors, and Grammy, Emmy and Pulitzer nominations.
- 6: UNT has two members of the National Academy of Inventors (one of whom is also a
member of the National Academy of Sciences), one member of the National Academy of
Engineering, one member of the National Academy of Public Administration Fellows,
one member of the National Academy of Kinesiology and one member of the National Academy
- 13: UNT has 13 faculty who have earned National Science Foundation CAREER awards.
- ACCELERATED LEARNING: Our Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science — the nation's first residential program for gifted high schoolers to take research-oriented
college classes while earning a diploma — is a pipeline for STEM education.
UNT is one of Texas' top producers of students taking and passing the state certification
Students who are aspiring teachers are placed in 200 schools in North Texas for two
semesters of student teaching
— more than twice the field experience of most university programs.
program is ranked 20th
among supply chain programs in North America by Gartner Research and is a Lockheed
Martin corporate program.TOP 25:
UNT’s online M.B.A.
program is ranked 23rd in the U.S. by The Princeton Review. The program also is recognized
repeatedly as a Best Buy.
A Way with Words
: UNT offers the only nationally accredited professional journalism
master’s program in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico and is one of only three
universities in Texas to offer a Ph.D. with a focus in creative writing
: U.S. News & World Report
ranks UNT's medical librarianship
— or health informatics — graduate program 7th nationally, its school library media
graduate program 10th nationally and its library and information sciences graduate
program 20th nationally.
: U.S. News & World Report
ranks UNT’s city management and urban policy
master's program 13th nationally.MOST
: More top-level city executives in Texas hold a master’s degree from UNT than any